Thursday, June 7, 2012

A New Beginning...Sort Of

The first post of a new blog. Feels a bit like spring.

Hello and welcome.

Every time I start a new blog, be it blogger, livejournal, or some other website, I always feel like the first post should be great and profound. Alas, it rarely is.

But the first posts serve a purpose, and this one is to explain who I am to those who don't know me, and explain myself to those who do.

I am a writer. I've been writing and editing my own work for years, and continue to do so. My goal is still to get published.

But, I also love taking a piece of writing--my own or someone else's--and making it the best piece of writing it can be.

I've already been editing--I was a member of a writer's group for about eight years, and I've done some freelance editing, as well as the countless essays I've helped students revise and improve--so now I am taking that skill public, so to speak.

This blog is a place, separate but not isolated from my writing blog, where I can share my experiences in editing professionally. The things I've already learned, the new tricks and skills I pick up along the way, the pieces of advice that help me and may help you, whether you are also an editor, or a writer likewise hoping to be published.

Feel free to join in discussions or ask questions.

And if you're curious, for the slightly more random and writerly ramblings, you can also visit coffeequill.blogspot.com.

This blog will be seeing some changes over the next few days, but come back soon for more posts and information.

No comments:

Post a Comment